PITTSBURGH CRIMINAL APPEAL ATTORNEY ROBERT E. MIELNICKI CHANGES THE LAW TO BENEFIT HIS CLIENTS!
Pittsburgh Criminal Appeal Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki was one of the first attorneys, if not the first attorney, to successfully challenge the retroactive application of SORNA/Adam Walsh Act to those who entered plea agreements to crimes that did not require registration at the time of their plea. Pittsburgh Criminal Appeal Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki successfully argued that Pennsylvania’s mandatory minimum sentence for an assault on a minor was unconstitutional and saved his client at least 5 years in jail. Attorney Mielnicki argued that those who were asked to give blood following a DUI arrest, after being informed that they faced harsher criminal penalties if they refused, had done so involuntarily in violation of the Fourth Amendment, long before the United States Supreme Court agreed in Birchfied v. North Dakota, 136 S.Ct. 2160 (2016). He saved at least one client a year in jail with said argument. Commonwealth v Evans, 153 A.3d 323 (Pa.Super. 2016).
Some of Pittsburgh Criminal Appeal Attorney Robert E. Mielnicki’s notable appeals include:
- Commonwealth v Carley, 2017 WL 1476309 (2017)
- Commonwealth v Gaetano, 2017 WL 1246683 (2017)
- Commonwealth v Evans, 153 A.3d 323 (Pa.Super. 2016)
- Colon v Rozum, 649 Fed.Appx. 259 (3d Cir. 2016)
- Commonwealth v. Wilson, 927 A.2d 279 (Pa.Super. 2007)
- Commonwealth v. Rush, 909 A.2d 805 (Pa.Super 2006)
- United States v. Zimmerman, 277 F.3d 426 (3rd Cir. 2002)
- Hudak v. Board of Probation and Parole, 757 A.2d 439 (Pa.Cmwlth. 2000)
- Commonwealth v. Hudak, 710 A.2d 1213 (Pa.Super. 1997)
- Commonwealth v. Smith, 545 Pa. 487, 681 A.2d 1288 (1995)
- Commonwealth v. Rosario, 545 Pa. 4, 679 A.2d 756 (1993)
PITTSBURGH CRIMINAL APPEAL ATTORNEY ROBERT E. MIELNICKI IS LICENSED TO ARGUE BEFORE THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT.
CONVICTED OF A CRIME AND UNHAPPY WITH YOUR ATTORNEY? Call the Pittsburgh Criminal Law Group at 412-330-1000.
ALREADY APPEALED YOUR CONVICTION AND HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL? Call Pittsburgh the Criminal Law Group at 412-330-1000.
SERVING A PRISON SENTENCE OR HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER SERVING A PRISON SENTENCE AND BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE NO OPTIONS? Call the Pittsburgh Criminal Law Group at 412-330-1000.