Pittsburgh Criminal Attorney Karissa N. Murphy received her Juris Doctorate degree from Duquesne University School of Law where she graduated in the top 25% of her class. While in law school, Karissa participated in the Appellate Moot Court program, where she won first place in a national moot court competition hosted by George Washington School of Law. Upon graduation, Karissa received the Order of Barristers award, which nationally recognizes top law school graduates who have displayed exceptional advocacy skills.
Karissa also worked in the Civil Rights Clinic helping indigent clients file expungements, pardons, and discrimination claims.
Prior to joining the law firm, Karissa was a judicial intern to the Honorable Judge Judith F. Olson on the Superior Court of Pennsylvania.
- B.A. from University of Pittsburgh
- J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice:
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Order of Barristers National Honorary Society
- First Place National Moot Court Champion, Harold H. Greene, Joyce Hens Greene National Security Moot Court Competition—George Washington School of Law
- Shalom Moot Court Award
- Abraham Helman & Anna Helman Memorial Prize